Workplace MHFA Half Day
Our half day course is an introductory four hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
What to expect
Learning takes place through amix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health Aware
We value this course at £125 per person. Costs may vary depending on location and instructor – contact the instructor for more information.
Four hour session
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions:
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Take 10 Together – starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources